Post A level dinner

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Broun Cafe :)



Headed to Broun cafe that day looking forward to muffins and realized sadly that they were only available during their brunch menu!

However, there were other desserts available that day(as part of their regular menu) so we decided to try them out.

My friend ordered the brownie with ice cream ($6) while I ordered the day's special , pear cake with vanilla ice cream ($10)

The brownie (I tried a bit of hers) was chewy and chocolate-y, which went well with the plainer vanila ice cream.
But I've definitely tried better brownies :)

The pear cake was something unusual which I particularly enjoyed. The cake itself was rough in texture(akin to that of a carrot cake) and the fragrance from the pear made the cake smell really good (and it tasted good too)
The poached pear , when eaten together with the ice cream or cake, added texture to the mouthful of cake pear/ice cream pear combination.



The ice cream was placed on top some crispy cinnamon sugar base and it made the ice cream a delight to eat on its own!

The only grouch against the pear cake dish is that the cake was a tad too little, and I found myself longing for more soon after I finished the cake.

The ambience at Broun cafe is perfect for brunch, tea and to chill out and catch up with friends. In the evenings I understand that there are live performances too. I'm definitely going back for brunch :)

Since the brownie and pear cake are rather different in terms of taste, I'm going to give 2 different grades!

Brownie :5/10
Pear cake : 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment