Post A level dinner

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Barcook Bakery-The king of cream cheese buns

(I'm sorry this is unsightly but I just had to highlight how creamy the cream cheese was!-and I was also too absorbed in gobbling the bun :/)

Good food often takes you by surprise and of course, leaving you unprepared and at mercy of your cravings. Walking around aimlessly today at one raffles place, I came across barcook bakery. Instantly my stomach demanded the raisin cream cheese bun which impressed me thoroughly when I first ate it in the beginning of the year. Forgoing my diet before prom (ah well, theres always a reason why the dietingstartstomorrow ), I bought a cream cheese bun for myself and devoured it in less than 5 minutes

9 months has past since I last ate it and I'm very glad to say that the quality of the cream cheese bun remains extremely good. The velvety cream cheese with plump raisins inside the soft bun simply melts in your mouth(I mean literally--and was also because of it that I finished the bun in 5 minutes) After one bite it is impossible to stop(unless you don't like cream cheese in the first place) : D

In the monopolistic competitive market for cream cheese buns, Barcook's generous cream cheese filling and extremely soft buns differentiates its buns from the other bakeries where the cream cheese tends to be a pathetic layer of curd like substance. The high turnover of buns also means that you can be guaranteed of freshness and if you are lucky, buns fresh from the oven!

A clear front runner in the race of cream cheese buns(and of other variety of buns that I'll try after prom ;) ),I firmly believe barcook bakery is here to stay
4.5/5
(0.5 was subtracted because it was so sinful I have no choice but to hit the pool and swim 20 laps today :( )

Che *burps* ers
Michelle

1 comment:

  1. haha hi michelle! great blog here! my dad bought the cream cheese bun before i think, i remember it was really good too..

    Nice to know I have a friend who writes a food blog! =) keep it up

    ReplyDelete